Wondering about kettlebells? If you’re new to the world of kettlebell training and wondering what kettlebell training is, the following articles will give you an in-depth view of what kettlebell training is all about, including the fundamentals you should learn for kettlebell training.
You’ll find more details further below the links.
Kettlebell training fundamentals
- Number one kettlebell video to watch
- Are kettlebells safe?
- Why use hook grip?
- Squat vs hip hinge
- The kettlebell swing
- The kettlebell racking position
- The kettlebell drop
- The kettlebell pull-out
- American vs Russian swing
- The kettlebell swing insert
- The kettlebell clean
- The kettlebell row
- Kettlebell and shoes
- Kettlebell training vs kettlebell sport
- Kettlebell sport: 10-minute long cycle
- Kettlebells intermediate: rotational swing
- Kettlebells intermediate: transitions
- Kettlebells intermediate: get-up lunge style
- Kettlebells intermediate: get-up variations
- Kettlebells intermediate: windmill
- Kettlebells advanced: snatch
- Kettlebells advanced: snatch adjustment
- Kettlebell workout: interval workout
- Kettlebell workout: heavy leg session
- Kettlebell workout: silverback
- Kettlebell workout: emom strength
- Kettlebell workout: cardio, strength, flexibility
- Kettlebell workout: warm-up plus strength session
- Kettlebell workout: double kettlebell
- Kettlebell workout: advanced and heavy
- Kettlebell workout: intermediate with juggling
- Kettlebell workout: super advanced
- Kettlebell workout: lemur
- Kettlebell workout: shoulders
- Kettlebell challenge: crazy
- Kettlebell challenge: mental
- Kettlebell challenge: 28 day swing challenge
- Kettlebell challenge/test: IKFF level 1 assessment
- Kettlebell wod: micaela
- Kettlebell exercises: rotational
- Kettlebell interview: world champion
- Kettlebell training youtube channel
- List of all kettlebell exercises
- The kettlebell swing ebook on amazon
- The kettlebell swing on youtube
- The history of the kettlebell
- Barbell versus kettlebell
- Like us on facebook
What is kettlebell training?
A kettlebell is generally compared to a bowling ball (with a flat base) that has a handle on it, the weight of the kettlebell differs but is usually from 8kg to 48kg in increments of 2kg. Kettlebell training is resistance training with the kettlebell providing the resistance, the goals that can be obtained with the kettlebell are, but not limited to: cardio, flexibility, speed, power, strength, balance, mental toughness etc.
Kettlebell training can get a bad reputation due to the fact that many people just pick them up and fling them around not realizing that there is a skill to be developed step by step. Kettlebells are extremely safe to work with unless you don’t treat it with the respect that any exercise tool deserves.
A kettlebell is truly a superior tool to work out with, not because I’m biased, simply because it’s a fact, there is no other tool so versatile and allows you train unilateral, ballistic, juggling and strict.
Kettlebell training benefits
- very portable
- mentally challenging
- majority of exercises are compound (working more than one muscle group)
- highly functional
- working stabilizing muscles
- challenges the core constantly
- allows multi-plane movements
- it’s a special kind of exercise tool
Are kettlebells effective?
It’s a great question, one that newcomers would and should ask, but the answer is not simple, whether they’re effective or not depends on whether they can meet your goals, whether you put in the effort and most importantly whether you use them correctly. Thus the final answer lies with you. Can they be effective? Without a doubt, yes!