Swinging kettlebells seems to be one of the most popular exercises when it comes to kettlebell training, but is it really that effective, and what does swinging a kettlebell do?
If you want to receive more awesome stuff about the kettlebell swing, like workouts, tips, videos, and much more, come and join our mailing list below. Alternatively, come and join us on social media for videos and tips.
What Weight Kettlebell Should I Swing?
When you swing heavy, you can’t swing as many reps. There is a 1RM for every person, and for every person, this 1RM is a different weight category. The more you move away from your 1RM, the more swings you can do. The closer you are to your 1RM the better it is for strength goals. Going lower is better for power goals. And going past half of your 1RM is great for cardio and muscular endurance.
Are Kettlebell Swings Effective?
Absolutely, kettlebell swings are very effective when done and programmed correctly. However, there is much more to the kettlebell than just swinging kettlebells, a whole lot more. There are awesome kettlebell combos (check the videos at the bottom), complexes, juggling, and there’s Hardstyle, Sportstyle, Freestyle, CAVEMANROM, and so much more. Check out the complete list of all kettlebell exercises here to get some kind of idea of what’s possible.
Kettlebell Swing Resources
- 200 Kettlebell Swings a Day Results
- Kettlebell Swing Muscles Used
- Teaching the Kettlebell Swing to a Complete Beginner in 1 Hour
- Master The Kettlebell Swing At-Home Course
- Kettlebell Swing Benefits?
- How Explosive Should Your Kettlebell Swing Be? How High Should You Swing?
- The Quick And Concise Kettlebell Swing Guide
- Muscles Worked With Kettlebell Swings
- How To Burn Fat With Kettlebell Swings: Understanding Work To Rest Ratio
- Avoid These Common Mistakes In Your Hardstyle Kettlebell Swing
- The Kettlebell Swing Is Not a Hip Hinge
- How to Kettlebell Swing
- Kettlebell Swing Incorrect Form: Bobbing
- Kettlebell Swing Incorrect Form: Shoulder Raise
- Kettlebell Swing Workout HIIT
- Kettlebell Swing Cardio Extreme Workout
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for hundreds more kettlebell videos and join our mailing list below to stay up-to-date with awesome kettlebell content.