Following are some of the more well known and popular kettlebell tests that all have one thing in common, they require you to snatch (except for one):
- 10-minute Snatch Technique Test
- RKC Snatch Test
- Secret Service Snatch Test
- The HULK Test
- IKFF Level 1 Test
- 100 WBKC Test
- The Caveman 500 Clean and Strict Press Challenge
- More kettlebell challenges and tests
Which ones have you completed?
10-minute Snatch Technique Test
In this snatch test, the athlete needs to demonstrate their technique by completing 10 minutes of unbroken snatches with just one switch. Afterward, they need to show their hands which should be free of blisters/rips. This test is to certify online for the Kettlebell Snatch Teacher L4. More details.
RKC 5 Minute Snatch Test
In this snatch test, the athlete must perform a certain amount of snatches within a 5-minute time frame, the number of snatches required depends on age, it’s 100 reps for 65 and under, and 50 for over 65. The weight of the kettlebell depends on sex and body weight. More details.
Secret Service Snatch Test
In this kettlebell test, you must do as many repetitions of the kettlebell snatch as possible in ten minutes with a 24kg/52lb kettlebell for men and 12kg/26lb for women. You may switch hands as many times as you need and you can even set the kettlebell down. The final score is the total sum of snatches. More details.
The HULK Test
The HULK Test is a test of fitness and strength. Can you complete it?
- 1 minute of strict presses with double kettlebells weighing approx. 70% of your 1RM
- 2 minutes of half snatch into a squat with double kettlebells of medium weight
- 5 minutes rest
If you’re working with a partner then it’s 1-minute rest (see PDF for full details)
5 rounds AMRAP More details.
IKFF Level 1 Test
This test must be completed to get your IKFF level 1 certificate.
- Hand to hand swing: 20kg x 100 – switching hands after each rep is completed
- 1 arm clean and press: 20kg x 16 reps per hand AND must work for the full 2 minutes on each hand (4 min set); 32 reps total non-stop
- Snatch: 20kg x 60 reps with only 1 hand switch (can do 30 each hand or any combo that totals 60 reps)
- Front squat: 20kg x 30 reps AND must hold KB for the entire 2 min
- Hand to hand Swing: 12kg x 100 – switching hands after each rep is completed
- 1 arm clean and press: 12kg x 16 reps per hand AND must work for the full 2 minutes on each hand (4 min set); 32 reps total non-stop
- Snatch: 12kg x 60 reps with only 1 hand switch (can do 30 each hand or any combo that totals 60 reps)
- Front squat: 12kg x 30 reps AND must hold KB for the entire 2 min
100 WBKC Test
There is no time limit, the only question is, can you complete 100 of the world’s best kettlebell combo in one session with two kettlebells? The combo consists of squat thruster and half snatch with two kettlebells 100 times. More details.
The Caveman 500 Clean and Strict Press Challenge
This challenge does not contain a snatch but is well worth putting on the list as it’s awesome to put your swing, clean, and press to the test. Five hundred alternating swing clean and strict presses FOR TIME. Try and complete as many without putting the kettlebell down, but with good form and technique. More details.