This kettlebell cardio workout is an absolute killer. If you like the gasping for air workouts, this is it.
You buy-in with 100 calories on the assault bike, 80 for females.
Then you proceed with 12 rounds of:
- 4 snatch into overhead reverse lunge
- 4 push ups ‘any’
- 8 calories on the assault bike (6 for females)
Rx for the snatch is 20kg for male and 16kg for female.
If you don’t have a bike, replace the 100 cals with a 2k run, and the 8 cals each round with 60 high knees. If you don’t like the kettlebell, use a 40kg bar for male and 30kg for female.
Snatch into overhead reverse lunge:
- Weight needs to be snatched with a hip hinge
- Overhead lockout maintained throughout the rep
- Knee gently touching the ground
- Weight lowers only after coming into full extension
- The drop is full into the next snatch on the other side
- The hand switch can be performed with a switch snatch or swing
- Last rep can be lowered into racking
- Any variation allowed
- Elbow reach 90-degree flexion