Teaching the Kettlebell Swing
To perform the drill, take a long PVC pipe and find two beams which you can put the pipe behind:
- back is facing the PVC pipe
- hip hinge
- grab the pipe with arms through the legs
- correct posture
- walk forward as far as possible while remaining in position
You can ask the athlete to release and come into full extension while you hold the pipe in place. Imagine the bell dropping, remain in extension, wait, wait, hip hinge, insert, grab the pipe and remain in position for a few seconds. This drill will help you teach a proper kettlebell swing with a hip hinge.
If this drill helped you or your athletes don’t forget to share, like, and a shout out is always appreciated. Hashtag #cavemantraining
If you want to learn more about kettlebell training make sure to check out these great kettlebell DVDs and books on Amazon.
Unlock several other kettlebell swing videos with cues and instructions below.
- Kettlebell swing 32kg
- How to Single Arm Kettlebell Swing
- How to kettlebell swing
- How to Swing a Kettlebell Correctly?
- Stiff-legged kettlebell swing
- The Best Kettlebell Swing—F Everything Else!
- Gorilla kettlebell swings