My wife recently entered a CrossFit competition and she required some training to work on some weaknesses, and improve mobility. Following is what I put together for her.
This training session will assist anyone who needs improved:
- Squat depth
- Overhead mobility
- Shoulder strength
- Lat strength
This is training, not FOR TIME or AMRAP, ten rounds:
- 3 dead snatch into deep squat (touch the ground) left
- 3 dead snatch into deep squat (touch the ground) right
- 3 windmills left
- 3 windmills right
- 3 strict pull-ups (wide grip for lats)
Strict wide pull-ups are great, and IMHO not done enough in CF, strong lats protect the shoulders.
Finish with 5 rounds of:
- 10 alternating pull overs
- 5 overhead cossack squats left
- 5 overhead cossack squats right
Skill transfers to barbell snatch and training reduces shoulder injury. Include in your program at least once a week for 8 weeks or more. Apart from the snatch, all to be performed slowly.
Questions below or on Facebook.