To all my male kettlebell friends over 50!
You ever get people saying to you
“You need to slow down a bit, you ain’t 25 anymore!”?
Yeah, you’re right I say, I am 52 and it matters not one iota!
As veteran kettlebell athletes, we have highly functional bodies. We are involved in a sport which looks after us very well from a cardiovascular and muscular endurance standpoint.
- We are physically and mentally strong.
- We are determined, persistent and patient.
- We are demanding of ourselves and expect the very best.
- We are always looking for that next PR regardless of age.
- We are never looking back and always looking forward to the next triumph.
- We are the inspiration to the youngsters that follow in our footsteps.
- We are always gracious and take defeat with dignity
- We are older but wiser, able to teach, able to listen, able to inspire.
- We are, quite simply, ageless.
Photo credit: Jason Huckle