The project Kettlebells in CrossFit commenced in 2016 and it’s aim is to help introduce kettlebell training into CrossFit, every box has kettlebells, but hardly any box uses those kettlebells to their full potential.
Kettlebells are far more superior and safer than barbells, and every common exercise in CrossFit can be performed with a kettlebell, in fact, the kettlebell offers even more exercise variety. Doing more kettlebell work in CrossFit will help prevent muscle imbalances and provide more unilateral training opportunities. Check the full article explaining why here.
The people involved with this project will provide some or all of the following:
- help educate through social media
- run worldwide workshops
- create videos
- write articles
- Taco Fleur, CrossFit Level 1 Trainer, IKFF Certified Kettlebell Teacher, Kettlebells Lvl 1 + 2, Kettlebells Science and Application …
- Valerie Pawlowski, Master of Sport and Kettlebell World Champion
- Michael Lisichkin from Power Bells
- End of April Kettlebells in CrossFit workshop covering LongCycle, Clean and Jerk plus more
End of March Kettlebells in CrossFit workshop at CrossFit Marbella Start of February Kettlebells in CrossFit workshop at CrossFit Costa del Sol Mid December first Kettlebells in CrossFit workshop at CrossFit Alhaurin Thursday 1 December, meeting in Alhaurin el Grande at CrossFit Alhaurin
All content from the workshop is made available for purchase as a PDF. You will be able to run your own 4 hour workshop or seminar.
Kettlebell Workshop for CrossFit by Taco Fleur is a great manual on how to run a four hour workshop, covering the kettlebell swing and snatch for CrossFit. It has some great videos that illustrate the differences between the sport, training and hard styles of kettlebell work. He also does a great job discussing and explaining when each style is preferred based on what your goals are. This is especially beneficial for CrossFitters who are just starting with kettlebells giving them a good guide on the different methods, their advantages and to use them for efficiency.
The biggest value to this book though is for the coach. It expertly breaks down by the minute how to run a four hour workshop/seminar. If you don’t have a lot of experience running seminars, this guide is indispensable. Knowing how long to spend on each lesson, and what to cover makes holding a seminar a breeze. Even if you have a lot of experience in running seminars, this is a great guide and everyone from the novice to the expert will take several great pieces of advice from it.
~Jason Howell from CrossFit Team Offutt Tactical Fitness
The workshop will cover appropriate kettlebell exercises to include in WODs. How to overcome the issue of not having enough kettlebells. Regression and progression. The little tips and tricks that people should know to overcome the most common issues that generally prevent people from venturing further into working with kettlebells. Exercise variations.
The workshop content and format will be available for purchase to those who want to be involved in the project, we’re also looking for trainers to run workshops. Requirements: training or have trained in CrossFit, kettlebell training qualifications and experience.
The workshops are as follows:
- CrossFit Kettlebell Snatch Efficiency, covering swing, clean, rack, swing, snatch and variations.
- Common Barbell Work vs Kettlebells, covering clean, press, thrust, snatch, overhead squat and more.
- Unconventional Kettlebell Exercises, covering juggling and other unconventional kettlebell exercises.
- EMOM Kettlebells, covering kettlebell exercises for strength, flexibility, speed and power plus more.
- Long Cycle WODs, covering swing, clean, push press, jerk and snatch with one or two kettlebells.
Workshops planned in 2017 on the Costa del Sol, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to host one at your box.
Participating CrossFit Gyms
- CrossFit Marbella
C/Conjunto San Pedro del Mar, Nave 10, Marbella, Spain
- Costa del Sol CrossFit
Calle Casares 4, Fuengirola, Andalucia, Spain
- Crossfit Alhaurín
Carretera de Cartama 96, Alhaurín El Grande, Andalucia, Spain
Contact email@example.com to become a participating gym.
Join our mailing list for updates