I’m Taco Fleur, 44. You’ve already read loads about me so let’s talk about my son a little.
Benooi Fleur Junghans—aka Son of Caveman—gave me the biggest surprise of my life when he told me that he wanted to complete a Kettlebell Long Cycle with two 16kgs. I pretty much laughed because it was absurd, not even I had done that before! But alas he did it and here’s a photo of him afterward:
If there’s one word to describe my son, it’s tenacious.
Together, we want to do something unheard of. We want to break the mould.
We will drag kettlebells up to the base camp Mt. Everest. That’s 130km in distance and extremely high above sea level.
We’re going to wing it so that could mean it takes longer than usual. We’re not sure if we’ll go the classic route or the path more beaten.
You can get involved in the decision making though! We’ll be broadcasting our whole journey right here.
Why are you doing this?
We love to be challenged, we know the value of mental strength to a good, healthy life. But it’s not all about us, much of our budget will go on helping others too. More on that further down.
I’m 44 years of age, at this point in life many are already anxious about getting weaker as they age. Most people don’t believe that—just like a fine bottle of wine—one can get better as time goes by. Well, I am that bottle of wine, fitter, healthier and more flexible than ever and I want to spread this message to help others improve rather than worsen as life goes by. Age is but a number.
I’m the author of seven books listed on Amazon, creator of over 600 kettlebell videos, creator of numerous online e-courses, loving husband and proud father of a wonderful teenage son.
Accompany us every step of the way. Donate €250 or more through Kickstarter and you become part of every decision. That’s twenty journey-altering decisions for you to be part of!
“The training should be harder than the fight itself.”
There are other ways you can take part in this exhilarating mission too:
- If you pledge €15 or more then you receive the ebook Kettlebell Training Fundamentals with a massive discount
- If you pledge €20 or more you get a copy of Kettlebell Workouts and Challenges 1.0 at at a discounted price
- If you pledge €500 or more, you can have your name/brand shouted out somewhere during the trip
- For pledges of €1,000 or more, we have something really special. You’ll receive the limited edition of both books in paperback format signed by us.
- Pledge €1,000 or more, you could also get sponsor status which includes a fifteen-second mention of your name or brand in vlogs prior to the trip (any products or services have to be aligned with our values, we will not promote unhealthy drinks or unethical items)
- Pledge €2,500 or more to snag yourself a web and mailout sponsorship package
Of course you are more than welcome to pledge as much as you like and we appreciate even smaller donations of €1 pledged through Kickstarter and one-off donations through GoFundMe. That’s a small price to pay to be part of this life-changing journey!
All or nothing. This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Fri, May 18 2018 10:53 PM CEST.
When did we decide on doing this?
One day we looked at each other and just knew it was time to do something groundbreaking and it just felt right.
So far, we’ve already gathered €500 euro for the trip and €100 each to donate to a good cause.
A true adventurer needs no guide so the majority of this trip, we’ll be winging it!
Important things will be researched in advance though, i.e. permits, rules, and other factors that could ruin the objective of reaching base camp with our kettlebells.