Low reps. Light barbell just to work on technique.
Go heavy with the kettlebell. Seek about 80 to 90% of your max.
- 4 hip hinge deadlifts (not squat style)
- 4 power cleans
- 4 single arm swings (aim for chest height) left
- 4 single arm swings (aim for chest height) right
- 4 jerks left
- 4 jerks right
Repeat 2 times, add 10 tricep push-ups and that’s ONE ROUND.
Complete five rounds FOR TIME.
Rx male barbell 40kg / 88lbs (light), female 30kg
Rx kettlebell 32kg / 70.5lbs (heavy), female 24kg
Find your weakness.
- Lower the kb weight
- Double arm swings double the reps
- Push press instead of jerks
Love yourself a couple of kettlebell WODs, or 40+, and several tough challenges? Buy the book. Kettlebell Workouts and Challenges 1.0 on Cavemantraining or on Amazon.
Crossfitters and kettlebell enthusiasts, if you’ve been considering Spain for a holiday this year but weren’t sure whether you could find the activities you need as an active and adventurous person. Stop! Send me an email now and I’ll tell you what we can do to give you the holiday of a lifetime! Adventure, mountains, beach, waterfalls, swimming, working out, challenges and more. Scaled to your abilities. And to top it off, you could have it all on video to remember.
Unlock a slow-motion video of the kettlebell jerk below. Improve your technique. Rack. Quarter squat. Knee jerk. Second dip. Elbow extension. Come up. Bonus: Slow-mo and step-by-step single arm swing video, unlock both below.
- Single arm swing
- Kettlebell reaches chest height
- The bell is visible behind the legs on the back-swing
- Hip hinge not squat movement
- Full arm extension upon the second dip
- Come into full hip and knee extension