Welcome to the UKC, the newest kettlebell organization rising to existence.
The concept is simple:
- More variety
- More opportunities
- New disciplines
All weights in increments of 2kg allowed. 8, 10, 12, 14, etc. All weights in pounds that are equivalent to the above-mentioned increments are allowed.
We want to make it fair for everyone entering, therefore we have:
- Novice (0 to 3 years of kettlebell training)
- Intermediate (3 to 6 years of kettlebell training)
- Advanced (6 to 12 years of kettlebell training)
- Expert (12 and above)
As a kettlebell sport competitor, you will automatically be categorized as advanced.
- Wearing shoes is not a requirement
- Wearing a shirt is not a requirement
Same rules apply for online and offline entries. Anyone in the world can submit an entry via video. At local competitions the same video rules apply:
- One continuous video without editing
- Full body and kettlebell(s) always in the frame with ample space from the edge
- Sufficient light to see all movement requirements
- Direct front-on filming
Judging is a difficult task, being able to look back at an entry will minimize any judging mistakes made.
Certificate and rank
An online ranking system is in place which will automatically issue a certificate to athletes. The online and offline entries are separated as offline competitions are held against those participants present at the competition. In other words, those competing online compete against the world, those competing at local competitions are competing against those present.