I created the video below to allow you to analyse the full drop in the kettlebell snatch, it’s provided in slow motion so you can see what happens step by step.
Some points to consider in the full drop, but not limited to:
- create even weight distribution, even more important with heavier weights
- keep the weight close to the body, bent the elbow
- leaning back should be achieved through hip extension, hip shift, but should not be attempted as extension in the lumbar spine
I also recommend checking out these other articles and videos related to the kettlebell snatch.
- CrossFit Kettlebell Snatch
- Master The CrossFit Kettlebell Snatch
- Over 100 Kettlebell Snatch Variations
- Kettlebell Snatch
- The Snatch – Ultimate Explanation and Definition
- WOD Ximena snatch with double kettlebells
- Kettlebell Snatch Q&A – post your questions