The following is a summary of day 16.
- The American swing is a swing that does involve a shoulder raise
- This version of the swing is created by CrossFit
- Before you do this exercise you need to check if you can safely/easily bring your arms above your head with a close grip
- The American swing is great if you want to work your shoulders and legs at the same time
- The swing can be performed with a squat, hip hinge, or pendulum
The American swing:
- Perform a swing
- Follow through with a shoulder raise
- Lock the arms out overhead
- Let the bell drop back with slightly bent arms to keep the drop closer
- Guide into the backswing and repeat
You can also replace the raise with a press out and treat this as a double arm snatch.